Friday, November 22, 2013

C4T Summary

google


This month I commented on two teacher blogs.
Mr. Lee is an intermediate teacher. On his latest post he shared a slideshow that he made and presented at the 2013 MISA London Region Professional Network Fall Conference. His slideshow is focused on technology in the 21st century. If you haven't already, I would highly recommend checking it out! This was my response to Mr. Lee:

Hello Mr. Lee. My name is Haley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. My professor Dr. Strange has assigned me to comment on your blog this week. I was looking through your slideshow and it was very interesting to me. I assume there was a lecture that went along with your slideshow. Is there any where on the web to watch, if there is one? Anyway, I appreciate the way you view technology. Many people believe it may be a burden to us. Technology in the 21st century is such an important tool for us as teachers and especially for our students. They are the future! Great job on your slideshow and I hope the Fall Conference was spectacular!


In my next post I commented on the blog of Daniel Edwards. In Daniels most recent post, This Is A Great Time To Be A Teacher, he discusses how times have changed. Edwards says he believes the way he was taught in the 80's and 90's didn't really prepare him for teaching in the 21st century. He goes on explaining why tablets are useful in todays classroom. I agree with him that "tools are tools" Any technology in the classroom is something students may benefit from. Tablets change the learning process and are useful in recording data. Edwards says that now is a great time to be a teacher because the tools we have available provide engagement, stimulation and creativity. Also, because we need to learn with our students.

Daniels post sparked my interest and I was a bit curious. This was my response to Daniel:
Daniel, your post is interesting. I agree that the options available to teachers and learners today are countless. What is something you wish you had been taught in the 80's or 90's? Also, do you use tablets in your classrooms? What is the most beneficial component of using technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment