Saturday, November 2, 2013

C4T Summary #3

google


For my last two comments for teachers assignments I have been assigned to Daniel Edwards. The first blog post of the two was a short post about a generic app that enhances learning called Socrative. Daniel has attached this Socrative 2.0 Video that briefly describes the app. In my comment to Mr. Edwards I asked him a few simple questions regarding the app. I asked him if he has used this app in his classroom and if so, have you noticed any results?


In Daniels most recent post, This Is A Great Time To Be A Teacher, he discusses how times have changed. Edwards says he believes the way he was taught in the 80's and 90's didn't really prepare him for teaching in the 21st century. He goes on explaining why tablets are useful in todays classroom. I agree with him that "tools are tools" Any technology in the classroom is something students may benefit from. Tablets change the learning process and are useful in recording data. Edwards says that now is a great time to be a teacher because the tools we have available provide engagement, stimulation and creativity. Also, because we need to learn with our students.

Daniels post sparked my interest and I was a bit curious. This was my response to Daniel:
Daniel, your post is interesting. I agree that the options available to teachers and learners today are countless. What is something you wish you had been taught in the 80's or 90's? Also, do you use tablets in your classrooms? What is the most beneficial component of using technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment