Saturday, November 2, 2013

C4K Summary #2 October

Google
This is my summary of my C4K from the last month. I really enjoy speaking to other students from around the world and I hope to use blogging in my classroom one day!

Brodie Pickle
Mrs. Eppele's Class
Brodie's blog post: I think Mellody will be a bit jealios because Mellody can not walk talk or anything close, And Penny can do it all she can pick things up walk say mommy and daddy and crall, she can sit on her mom and dads laps. and Mellody can not do any of those. Butterscotch is a good dog and can help blind or parcialy sited and the injured. I think Sharon Draper is trying to get us confused because I am.

My response to Brodie:
Brodie, my name is Haley and I am a college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am studying to become an elementary teacher and I am excited I have been assigned to your blog this week! I watched the book trailer about Out Of My Mind and I am very curious to know more about the book. Is Mellody the main character? It sounds like Penny and Mellody are related. You say Penny can walk and crawl but perhaps Mellody has a medical condition that confines her to a wheelchair. That is one of my guesses. If so, Butterscotch probably makes Mellody happy because they can relate. Keep reading Sharon Draper’s book and you will not be confused anymore. What has been your favorite part so far? I would love to know what happens! Here is the link to my class blog, feel free to read it with your teachers permission! Haley Marrs Mobile, AL


Tracy
Mrs. Mclean's Class
Tracy's blog post:
In the still of the night, I go outside.
I look up at the stars, in them I confide.
I tell them my joys, and hope for tomorrow.
When I am under their gaze, I forget all my sorrow.
The moon is another ally to me.
she smiles down on me mysteriously.
I bask in the glow of her friendly moonshine,
reminding me of a far ancient time.

My response to Tracy:
Tracy, this is a beautiful poem. Did you write this? My name is Haley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. Where are you from? I would love to know if you have more poems. I have read this poem many times because I just love it :) Write back soon! You can view my blog here.


Sam
Medbury School - 5G

Sam's blog post:
Bengal tigers
The Bengal tiger is an endangered animal now. They usually live for around 10 years. The mammal is known as a big cat sometimes it is even called the Indian tiger because lots of them live in India and Bangladesh. Some carnivores of the Bengal tiger are crocodiles, leopards and pythons. They attack crocodiles with their eyes and paws. They are such powerful nocturnal hunters. Bengal tigers hunt individually. Bengal Tigers can have up to a litter of 4 cubs at once. That’s 4 times the amount of humans. Tigers use their distinctive coats as camouflage on top of their very heavy weight of 107-200 kg. Most of the Bengal tiger family live alone and aggressively protect their own territory.They cover their territory and look out for their predators. If you go into a Bengal tigers territory you are probably dead meat but the Bengal Tigers main predator are humans. The wild Bengal tigers usually live in mangrove forests. Mangrove forests are made out of plants, big curvy trees and big, long, wide, snaking rivers. The other Bengal tigers live in zoo’s and they sleep anywhere in their enclosure. Humans kill Bengal tigers for their terrifying claws. thier devastating teeth, Their beautiful whiskers and there nice looking coats for carpet.
My response to Sam:
Sam, My name is Haley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I am studying to become a teacher and I wanted to let you know I think your blog is great! You have a lot of skills for your age and your grammar is wonderful. I love your post about tigers because it is very educational and interesting as well. Is the Bengal Tiger your favorite animal? Keep up the great work!


Maddie
Grade 7 - Mrs. Horst's Class
Maddie's blog post:
Who is the main character? Would you like to be friends with the main character? Why or why not?
The main character of the text Out of my mind is Melody. Melody has cerebral palsy and cannot verbely communicate with her peers or family, the best she can do is point to common phrases on a plastic board with her finger. On certain levels I would like to be friends with Melody but at the same time I don’t think I would understand her completly and some meaning will be lost in translation, like when she is trieng to communicate on her board not all the words are there.

My response to Maddie: Maddie, I am a college student in Mobile, AL. I was reading your blog and found it very interesting! How do you like the book “Out of My Mind”? I can imagine it would be very hard to be in Melody’s shoes. It is nice that you would like to be Melody’s friend even if it were difficult to understand her at times. You must be a very sweet friend! I like the color blue you have used but it is a little difficult to read. Keep up the great work Maddie! -Haley


Google

No comments:

Post a Comment