Sunday, October 6, 2013

C4K Monthly Summary

Google Images


Comments for Kids has been very enjoyable so far. Each student blog assigned to me has been unique in its own way. My first assignment was a 10th grader in Mrs. Martin's English class at Baldwin County High School. Her blog post in response to her "This I believe" assignment and was about bullying. She wrote about how unfair she thought it was and the time she saw a classmate come into class extremely upset. He refused to tell who had bullied him. She proceeded to write that something needs to be done about it and to treat others the way you want to be treated. When I commented on her post I introduced myself and told her to always stand up for what she believes in. I related to her story and I gave her a few small grammatical corrections. I left her a link to my blog and told her to check it out if her teacher permitted. I did not receive a response. My second C4K assignment was a young girl in Guatemala. She blog post was written about the time she found out her family was moving to Guatemala. She wrote about how she hoped that she would make new friends and she worried she wouldn't like her new school. She had never even been on an airplane. She was posting from her new class and said that she had made new friends and everything turned out to be okay. I commented on her post, introduced myself, and told her I hoped school was going well. I agreed that change can sometimes be scary. I also left the link to my blog and told her to check it out if her teacher allowed. My third C4K assignment for a sweet young girl named Ana Bloomfield at Pt. England School. She had a brief blog post about hexagonal learning with a video attached. She explained what hexagonal learning is and described how and why she made her hexagon. I commented on her blog and introduced myself and told her I thought her blog was beautifully designed. I proceeded to ask her a few simple questions about her assignment and left the link to my blog for her to see.My final C4K assignment for the month was for the blog of Ciana in Mrs. Ripp's 5th grade class in Wisconsin. Her post was in response to a post her teacher wrote about a book they are reading in class titled "Out of My Mind". She wrote about how curious she was to know if the book would be good. She said the front and the back of the book made her wonder about what was inside. She also asked if anyone had read it and if anyone had suggestions on a good book. I responded to her post, introduced myself, and told her I had never heard of the book but now I was curious. I told her about the book I used for my book trailer project and suggested she read it when she had time. I am looking forward to see which students I am assigned next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment