Friday, September 27, 2013

Project #8 Book Trailer

After being assigned this book trailer project I began wondering what book I would use. I went back and forth with many books. Is this one too long? Is this one too girly? Is this one too boring? After some debating I finally found the one. For this project I chose to use "The Museum" written by Susan Verde and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. This book is so fun to read with so many emotions on one little girls journey through The Museum. This is the first time I have ever made a book trailer and I had such a blast figuring out how! iMovie is wonderful and I highly recommend using it.
I have reached out to both Susan and Peter and I hope I get a response soon! You can watch my book trailer below:





UPDATE:
After I made this video I tweeted the link to Susan Verde and Peter H. Reynolds thinking they probably wouldn't notice. To my surprise the very next day they BOTH acknowledged by video! I was very excited to receive such wonderful feedback from a respected author and illustrator. It was only a few weeks ago that my EDU301 class celebrated International Dot Day based on the children's book "The Dot" written and illustrated by Reynolds. Thank you Dr. Strange for encouraging me to spread my work! And thank you Peter H. Reynolds for reading and commenting on my class blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment